Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What Do You Have Time For?

There's a joke that goes like this: "What three statements are never true?" The answer is:
"My check is in the post;"
"Of course I'm not only interested in sex;" and
"I'm from Head Office and I'm here to help you."
I want to add a fourth: "I didn't have time."

What this pitiful excuse means is either "I didn't want to" or "I didn't know how to" or "I was doing something else more important to me."

Lack of time is an attractive excuse, because it implies you're blameless — a helpless victim of stress, overwork and external circumstances. Of course, you may object that you truly do have far too much to do and something had to be left out. But who decided what you did in the time available? Either you set those priorities yourself, or you're the helpless slave of some all-consuming power that decides how you spend every moment of your time.


An excellent post by Adrian Savage..read ahead

http://www.adriansavage.com/blog/_archives/2005/11/12/1381331.html

No comments: