Friday, February 25, 2005

Back To School

It is back to school for me. When I enrolled for Part-Time Master's in Marketing Management, I felt like Rodney Dangerfield Star of "Back to School". Being Married and having a 5 year old kid, I was nervous as hell and at the same time excited too at the prospect of gaining management knowledge, access to a swell library and making new friends.
The class comprised of students younger and older to me too [That helped me relax !! I was not the odd one out].

Not quite a part of academic intelligentsia, I never had any pretensions of joining IIM or something equal. Still I managed to get into a college with very good infrastructure and a damn good library, [Yea! You will find me mentioning that quite often !!]. Where else would you get to read Khuswant Singh, Jane Austen, Shakespeare, P.L.Deshpande, Grisham, J.D.Krishnamurthy along with the management regulars like Jack Welch, Peter Drucker, Arindam Chaudhari to name a few.

And the friends I made? Couldn't have asked for better inspiration and motivation. I have for colleagues, a lady with college kids, 2 Sisters who stay at Kalyan, Work at Andheri and come to Bandra everyday to study !!, A smart talking business kid with a great sense of humour, Some highly exploited [ :( ] and yet always cheerful Coke Sales guys, A guy from a faaaaar away place called Belapur who recently had to give up his newly acquired bike due to accident and some beautiful and determined to make it in life kinda gals too [ With Brains !!! ]......

If I had a dream cam like the one i mentioned in my earlier blogs, i would have shot a new episode daily and believe me it would have been a super duper hit series....

More of my college pals later....

No comments: